Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ben vs. golf club



I got the dreaded phone call from Ben's teacher. "Hi Shawna, you know how we took the class out to the golf course today..."
Well, it seems that Ben walked behind someone just as they brought the club back to swing and it hit him in the face. When I got to the school to pick him up, I was shocked at how he looked. I immediately took him to our family doctor, and they were so nice to fit us right in. Dr. Farr examined him and sent us to the hospital for a CT scan. The results are in...orbital blowout fracture. In plain English that means he has several broken bones around his eye. His cheekbone was severely impacted as well. He will be needing surgery after the swelling subsides. Keep him in your prayers.

3 comments:

Carianne said...

Oh my! Poor Ben! I am so sorry and will definitely keep him in my prayers.

danniellespackman said...

Oh Ben!!! We are so sorry! You will be in our prayers!!

Katie and Luke said...

Ouch! Poooooooooor Ben! I hope he recovers quickly from surgery. Please send him our love. He is in our thoughts and prayers.