Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

The children were anxious to get out the Christmas decorations as soon as Thanksgiving was over, so for the first time ever we put up our tree in November. (Haley and Hannah spent the morning doing make-overs, which explains how they look).
I love the house when the decorations are all put in place. When I look at our family room tree I am filled with so many joyful memories. The handmade ornaments from the children are very sweet!






My mom made a stocking for myself and each of my siblings when we were born. She has since made a stocking for Russ and each of my children.
Over the years I have collected pieces for my Christmas village that we set up on the piano. I love it at night when it is all lit up.
I have a collection of nativities that I display throughout my house. Hannah took pictures of these two. It is nice to have this constant reminder of the reason why we celebrate Christmas.

No comments: