Friday, June 25, 2010

You shaved your what ????

We shaved our cat Zazoo.
He is a very long haired cat who sheds like crazy in the summer. Last year I used my hair clippers on him and they almost overheated, so this year I decided to take him in to a do-it-yourself pet grooming place. I wasn't too sure how he would react. We put a harness and leash on him and put him in a crate for the drive. He was very nervous with lots of meowing. Once we got there and put him up on the grooming table he was fine. To my surprise he did not even react to the two HUGE dogs that were being bathed near us. The lady who worked at the grooming place said she had never had anyone shave their cat before. Zazoo was a pro. He even let Haley hold him up so I could shave his belly. We got rid of a ton of cat fur, and he is so much softer now. We left him a little lion tale for fun. The best part was giving him a bath in the big tub after the haircut. At first he was not too happy about it, but then he got used to the water and did great.

No comments: